It’s amazing all the money and time that’s spent on one game. Personally, fertilizing my trees will have more effect on the rest of my year than the winner or loser of “A GAME”. So why do we spend so much time and money planning for something that has no real significance to our lives?
Many people spend more time planning their super bowl parties – what to serve, who to invite, and what to wear – than planning for the game that counts, YOUR RETIREMENT. If a party takes hours to plan, what about 20+ years of your life? How much time, money and thought have you given to your retirement?
If you don’t care if…
- you’ll have enough to retire
- your children will have to support you in your old age
- you’ll have to rely on social security for your financial future
- you’ll have to worry about where the money’s going to come from to pay your bills then…start planning for your next party.
If this is not what you want, get focused on winning the game that counts! When you are young it’s easy to say I’ll do that tomorrow…but like a game, retirement won’t wait. Retirement will come whether you’ve planned for it or not. So ask yourself these questions…
- Can we save more?
- Are we being the most tax advantaged with our investments?
- What do we need to do to meet our retirement goals?
- What is the probability of our success based on our current actions?
- What would it take for us to worry less about money?
- Do our “Values, Vision and Wealth™” align?
If you don’t know the answers, change your planning focus. Instead of planning for your next party, plan for your retirement. Schedule a retirement planning meeting. After all, think about the huge party you’ll have when you’re ready to retire!